& Son Music Company
BARNES & SON MUSIC COMPANY was organized by J.C. Barnes and J.C. (Snookie) Barnes Jr. on March 15, 1947, as the Juke Box Record Shop, located in a garage on Cedar Street. The business was moved shortly afterward to the Weil Service Station building on Washington Street, and later was located on Strawberry Street, where the name of the firm was changed to Barnes & Son Music Co. The building on the corner of Cedar and Washington Streets was purchased early this year and the business was moved to its present location in February, 1955.
FIRST TV DEALER IN DEMOPOLIS: BARNES & SON music Co. is a pioneer in the television sales field in Demopolis, becoming a TV Dealer in October, 1948.
Today the Company is Authorized Dealer for Admiral, Zenith and Sylvania Television Sets, and also has a modern Service department, headed by “Snookie” Barnes and Barry Collins, for the maintenance of all makes of TV. sets and Radios.
In addition to TV. Sets and Radios, the Company handles Musical Instruments and Records, Record Players, Major Electrical Appliances, and operates coin music machines in this area.
Mrs. Martha Barnes assists her husband in operating the business and Barry
Collins is with the Maintenance Department. LaFayette West, Helper has been with
the company since its organization.
The Demopolis Times